Viela Bio - MIDORA
A phase 2, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, mechanistic insight and dosage optimization study of the efficacy and safety of VIB4920 in patients with rheumatoid arthritis (RA)
Patients who screen and then enroll in the study will receive:
- Study drug (active, comparator or placebo), lab work, and visits are included at no cost.
- Patients will be reimbursed $52.00 per completed study visit for transport costs with a potential benefit of $728 for the course of the study.
Study Duration for Patients
The total study duration is 44-weeks which consists of 14 scheduled visits during the course of the study.
600 Aviator Ct.
Vandalia, OH 45377
For this study, subjects will come into the office for an infusion of VIB4920. The study will evaluate the effect of VIB4920 on disease activity. Some subjects will receive VIB4920, while others will receive a placebo. There is also a possibility that subjects will receive a combination of VIB4920 and Placebo.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What does “double-blind” mean?
- “Double-blind” means that you will not know if you are receiving the study drug or placebo, and the doctor will also not know if you are on study drug or placebo. Only the study sponsor will know.
- If there is a placebo, does that mean there is a chance I won’t be receiving any medication for my RA?
- No, all subjects will be receiving a base medication for RA. Both VIB4920, and the placebo are added onto the base treatment.
- Will I get paid to be on the study?
- No, however all subjects will receive a $52 travel stipend per completed study visit, to cover any service fares, gas, and/or common wear and tear to vehicles.
- If I change my mind after starting the study, do I have to complete every visit?
- You participation in the study is completely voluntary. At any point in time, if you wish to withdrawl your consent you can. We will schedule you for safety monitoring visits, but you will no longer receive study drug.
- How can I find out if my insurance is accepted?
- All study related activities are completed free of charge, so insurance is not required!
See if you Qualify!
Complete the form below and a research coordinator will contact you regarding phone or in-person pre-screening.
Dr. Sanford Wolfe, D.O.
Dr. Wolfe is a graduate of Des Moines University College of Osteopathic Medicine and has been practicing Rheumatology for over 40 years. Dr. Wolfe is board certified in Internal Medicine and Rheumatology. Dr. Wolfe is a renowned leader in regards to clinical research trials, with over 20 years of experience and led more than 120 studies within the Rheumatology therapeutic area.